I don’t know if you know this, but, I’m kind of a big deal…
Not really, but hopefully I’ll make some new friends after this!
You see, Annie was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award, along with 10 other fine bloggers, and I am super excited about it! This award helps new bloggers connect with others in the blogosphere, and encourages participants to promote each other. I’m so glad and thankful that Annie nominated me!
She’s given me a set of questions to answer so here goes:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I’ve always loved to create things and have also enjoyed writing, and have spent a considerable amount of time doing both of these activites. When a few friends and family members encouraged me to start this blog, it just felt like the natural next step.
2. Do you think your blogging has encouraged you to create, explore, read, etc more?
Absolutely! I definitely still do crafts and diy projects on my own terms and timeline, but I also feel a responsibility to this website and its readers to create interesting, meaningful content that people will enjoy reading. I want what I write to be useful and entertaining. I want to write a blog that I want to read. That has definitely caused me to stretch my legs and explore things that I hadn’t before I started writing.
3. If you could leave next week for a paid vacation to live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you go?
Tough question! Somewhere in Europe, preferably with pretty architecture, delicious food and sandy beaches!
4. Why did you choose the subject of your blog?
I’ve been doing crafts and diy for as long as I can remember. My parents tell me I used to take my toys apart and put them back together as a child! Growing up, I was a Girl Scout, took after school / summer art classes and even started several clubs with my sister. All of these things gave me wonderful opportunities to explore my imagination. I chose DIY and crafts as my subject because I am passionate about creativity.
5. What’s your favorite meal to cook for yourself?
The cool answer would be scratch Mac N Cheese with bacon bits, but the real answer is instant loaded mashed potatoes. #keepitreal
6. If you were going to come up with a book or album title for the last year of your life, what would it be?
7. Do you have any animals?
My four-legged child is a black pug / miniature pinscher mix named Turkish. He owns me.
8. What’s your vice?
Craft Beer (a fact many of my Instagram followers are well aware of, I’m sure!)
9. What’s your favorite museum?
The Kimball Art Museum in downtown Fort Worth is definitely my favorite. The Bernini and Picasso exhibits in particular are a couple of the highlights from my many visits.
10. Celebrity childhood crush?
Same as my adulthood crush – haha! Mr. DiCaprio is the bees knees
11. Thoughts on tomatoes?
The fruit itself, thumbs down. The sauces it creates, thumbs way up!
So now what?
I’m nominating the following 11 blogs for The Liebster Award:
La Vida Lopez
Musings From Providence
Living: Pure & Simple
Amber in Florida
Revived by Delia
Fox on an Island
Fact or Pin-tion
Duck Egg Blue
- Answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you
- Keep the ball rolling and nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less
- Post 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Tag your nominees and be sure to leave a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been nominated
- Of course, you are not required to participate. But, if you don’t want to accept your Liebster, let me know and I’ll nominate someone else to keep the “chain” going!
Nominees, your questions are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your greatest passion?
- What is your greatest fear?
- Of the places you’ve lived, which is your favorite?
- What is your dessert of choice?
- What was the most memorable vacation or trip you’ve taken?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- If you knew you were about to eat your last meal, what would it be?
- If you had to move from your current home to another and could only bring five items with you, which five items would you choose?
- Which famous person’s house would you most like to live in?
- If you could be someone else for 24 hours, who would you choose to be?
Big thanks again go to Annie for nominating me for a Liebster. It was a lot of fun answering her questions and finding new friends to follow! Can’t wait to see everyone else’s answers!